Thursday, September 18, 2014

Lorac Pro Two Eye Shadow Palette: Review

            

            I’ll start this post off by confessing to a bit of an eye shadow palette addiction. I don’t think I have a problem, though, as I've managed to avoid owning a lot of repeat shades. I passed on the original Lorac Pro Eye Shadow Palette because it seemed like nothing new, but when I saw the Lorac Pro Eye Shadow Palette 2 I knew I was done for. The colors and beautiful, the quality is superb and if you want to bulk up your eye shadow collection with a fantastic, versatile palette, I would suggest this one.

            The Lorac Pro Eye Shadow Palette 2 is sleek grey cardboard that, somehow, doesn't look cheap. The palette name is embossed in silver on top. When you open it up there is a huge mirror and sixteen shades; 8 matte shades on the top row and 8 shimmery shades on the bottom row.


(L to R: Buff, Lt. Brown, Cool Gray, Nectar, Plum, Navy, Charcoal, Black)


            Buff is a pigmented, slightly yellow toned cream shade. It’s great for using as a subtle brow highlight. It pretty much matches my skin tone exactly, which makes it very difficult to catch a swatch on camera. 

            Lt. Brown is a medium warm toned brown. It’s a wonderful transition shade for fair skin.
           
            Cool Gray is actually a medium, gray with a slight bit of brown. It’s actually pretty neutral toned.

            Nectar is a medium, pink-peach color. It is also a good transition shade for lighter skin tones. I do think it will pull warm or cool on the skin depending on the wearer’s skin tone.

            Plum is a dark warm plum color. It looks exactly as you would expect it to.

            Navy is a pretty remarkable, brightened navy color. This is special because it is almost impossible to find a blue that actually looks navy on the skin. Usually it will pull too light or end up looking black, but this shadow is really special.

            Charcoal is a cool, medium-dark grey.

            Black is a warm, soft black. It’s pigmented, just not very dark.

(L to R: Snow, Beige, Rosé, Mocha, Chrome, Silver, Jade, Cocoa)

            Snow is a gorgeous shimmery white color with no glitter. I actually did not have a smooth, pigmented shimmery white in my collection yet, so this made me very happy. I’m sure that will not be the case with many, though, who probably have a shimmery white already.

            Beige is probably my favorite shade. It’s neutral, light beige that is super pigmented. It’s good for everything (all over the lid, inner corner highlight etc.) and mine already has a bit of a dent in it.
           
            Rosé is a light-medium copper shade. It’s probably my favorite copper eye shadow as it’s a bit lighter and brighter than most that I’ve seen.

            Mocha is a warm, medium brown. I have a lot of shades like this, but this one is nice because there is no glitter. For some reason eye shadow manufactures like to add gold glitter to colors like this, usually.

            Chrome is a medium silvery taupe. It has a lot of silver for a taupe shade.

            Silver is a light silver. I’m in love with this shade, since I’ve had a hard time finding a silver shade with no glitter, only shimmer. I found it and it’s beautiful.

            Jade is a medium-dark, dirty olive shade. It’s very warm and has some extraordinarily fine gold micro-sparkle. The sparkle isn't too apparent on the eye.

            Cocoa is a medium-dark warm brown with that same micro-sparkle.

            When I was swatching I thought I may have found a few dupes, so I went and looked and did some more swatching.

(L to R: UD Buck, Lorac Lt. Brown, UD Naked)

            I thought Urban Decay Naked and Urban Decay Buck might be dupes for Lt. Brown, but actually Lt. Brown is right in the middle (haha, pun).

(L to R: BM Spectacular, Lorac Jade, L'Oreal Golden Sage)

            Bare Minerals Spectacular is my favorite olive green shade and I though it may be similar to Jade, as well as the L’Oreal Infalliable in Golden Sage, but again, I was wrong. Spectacular is lighter and slightly bluer, while Golden Sage is lighter with a lot more gold.

(L to R: WNW Taupe, Lorac Chrome, UD Mushroom)

            Lastly I checked Chrome against Urban Decay Mushroom and Wet’N’Wild’s taupe shade from The Silent Treatment trio (which is said to be a dupe for Mac’s Satin Taupe). Chrome is darker and slightly cooler than Wet’N’Wild’s shade and quite a bit warmer than Urban Decay Mushroom

            All of these shades had a nice creamy texture, especially Beige, Rosé and Chrome. The matte shades were a little drier than the shimmers and all of the shadows tend to kick up some powder when used, so it’s very important to use a light hand and tap off excess. Fortunately, you don’t need to press the shadows hard to get lovely pigmentation. I also did not have issues with any of the shades blending away on the eye. Overall I really like this palette and think it’s a wonderful addition to any collection.

            This palette retails for $42 and is not limited edition to my knowledge. Owning it has kind of made me want the original pro palette, which I think says a lot about the quality.


            What do you think? Do you own this palette already? Thinking about it? Let me know down below!

1 comment:

  1. Want them all more than ever now! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete